Thursday, October 30, 2014

Games - Costume Quest / TIE Fighter

So after a couple days in Cleveland for work, I came home and saw the Steam Halloween sale has started, they have Costume Quest 2 for $7. Which reminded me, I need to finish Costume Quest 1! I think I had about 2 hours left but I did finish it, I got all the candy cards, found all the kids, got all the battle stamps, but I still missed 1 costume part for the Vampire costume. I ended up looking up where to find the last part of the Unicorn costume. I liked this game, it was fun, and especially at the end had some good laugh out loud moments, and slightly heartwarming as well, it might be 4 or 5 hours at best, but its a good one. Don’t know if I’m ready to jump into the sequel just yet. But I do have an expansion for CQ1, which I may dabble a bit to see what it is.

Other game stuff was a big one for me, the return of X-Wing and TIE Fighter to PC, I saw the news that they would be available through gog.com, and when I got home, immediately bought it. Only played for maybe 30mins or so, think I need to find a good way to remap controls or configure the sensitivity. It actually mapped to my X360 controller pretty well by default, but when not touching the control stick it was jittery. Same game I remember, just ran 3 different ships through flight training, aced them of course and got my training patches. Went from Flt. Cadet to Flt. Officer in like 20mins. Some serious nostalgia kicked in. Can’t wait to play a little bit more, see if my skills are better now then when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment