Thursday, February 19, 2015

Toku - Tokkyuger / Kamen Rider Decade

So I had to make a last minute trip out top Florida for work last week. I was slightly bummed because I had to get up at 4am on Thursday and I had a feeling I might get stuck somewhere for Valentine's day. I had been keeping an eye on Tokkyuger's Diesel-Oh on amazon and some other places. For a while now buying them all separate(Diesel, Car Carrier, and Tank Ressha) was going to be the cheaper option. But I could never get them all on Amazon with Prime shipping. Then I checked out my preferred import retailer ItCameFromJapan.com, and since they are Canadian, the US dollar is strong right now, so getting them from there seemed the cheapest option. But then Amazon had the actual Diesel-Oh set for $63, which was about $8 more than ICFJ, but it would mean I would have it in 2 days. So I jumped on that as soon as payday hit. Normally I wouldn't buy that the same week as Valentine's, to make sure I could do all I could on that day for my wife(cause she's awesome), but the price was too good. Thankfully I got home the night before Valentine's day, but I still had some shopping to do. My wife went out for a bit in the morning, and that is when it arrived

I ripped it open immediately, He came ready to be Diesel-Oh, and I set him like that for all of 10 seconds. Then went about grabbing ToQ-Oh and Build Dai-Oh, so I could form it into Cho Cho ToQ Dai-Oh, who is enormous and looks awesome. In that form its the biggest Mech I own now, he towers well over Gokai-Oh, I had to clear a big spot for him, since that how I plan to display those guys.

One other thing that I ordered a little after Christmas has also made its way here...although not to my doorstep, as with most of my Ebay purchases I needed to pick it up at the Post Office. That is my Kamen Rider Decade DX Ride Booker. This was Decade's only real accessory other than the Driver(Belt) and the K-Touch(Lame). Its his Gun, his Sword, and is also a case for his Transformation/Attack Cards. Since I am getting the CSM Deca Driver, I thought it would be good to have this if not only to hold the cards and look nice in a display of the Driver. I got it on Ebay for like $26, new in box supposedly, which seemed like a steal. Its not a well loved toy because of its size and that the sword mode is pretty pathetic, but for display and gun-mode I think it will be rad. And the price is perfect!

But now that I actually have the toy in hand, its actually even smaller than I imagined. The main card holding section, doesn't even hold all 10 of the Kamen Ride Cards. There is another larger card holding area, and that seems big enough to hold a whole bunch of cards, just a shame I can't get the other 10 in the special slot. All for now, but more coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment