Monday, February 9, 2015

Games - 3DS Boy Advanced

So shortly after my last post, while looking for my missing 3DS Case with most of my games in it. I came across a smelly plastic bag in a box in my basement. Surprisingly it contained a few of my beloved GB and GBA games, My cartridges of Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 and Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. The GBA games I found were WarioWare: Twisted (which I literally just bought a replacement of), Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, others??... This was also after finally getting a new Gamecube AC adapter, so I was now able to play the Gamecube and Gameboy Player. So even though I've been playing a bit of Warioland on my 3DS I brought it up on the big screen, it still had my completed savegame with just about everything unlocked. In that game there was one treasure I didn't have, so I looked up where to find it, got it, and played the final level. So I beat the game there and don't know if I will still continue playing it on my 3DS(there is only 34 stages), so I may move onto Wario Land 2. Next week brought some more traveling, so I was 2DSing it this week. Played a good chunk of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Thankfully, that game is a prettier version of Aria of Sorrow, which I loved. The touchscreen elements are minimal, there were a couple areas that let you breakdown ice chunks by tapping on them, and for most boss fights you have to draw a magic seal to finish them off. Having just played Aria recently, I really noticed the improvement to the graphics. And with the 2 screens I really like having a live view of the map. The game has the same soul system as aria, but your able to create 2 Soul/Equipment loadouts that you can switch between on the fly, I use it for switching between my sword and a heavier weapon like the Axe. Its very useful and a great improvement. I am at a point now where I'm not sure how far into the game I am, and not sure where to head next. But that is pretty standard for this type of game, just gotta scour the map and try my new moves to reach new places. Right before I left, my Import copy of Rhythm Tengoku for the GBA came in, its the original game in Nintendo's Rhythm Heaven series and was never released in America. I probably should have expected, but it looks like everything is unlocked in that game already. So I can play any of the levels at any time, which is good, but I also like to unlock them myself. Because I don't speak Japanese, and there are a few parts where that makes a difference in this game, I will probably just leave it. I've played quite a few on them now, just trying to brute force my way through the menus in some cases. But its fun and catchy and its just nifty to see all that Japanese text come up when I start up the GBA. Thats all for now, but some cool stuff is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment