Friday, December 5, 2014

Toku - Super Mega Force / Gokaiger?

Not a lot of Toku stuff happening lately, shows are plugging along. Still having fun watching Tokkyuger, which is getting closer and closer to the end and I'm slightly bummed. My wife does not *watch* Sentai with me but she glances and tolerates Tokkyuger end enjoys the silliness of it somehow, I don't know if she'll deal with the transition to a new show. I still haven't fallen in love with Kamen Rider Drive. In other news, Super MegaForce came to its conclusion, and it was alright. They combined the footage form the end of Gokaiger and the 199 Great Hero Battle Movie, into something just over 30mins with lots of original american actor footage, which seems nuts. They did bring back a bunch of Legendary Rangers, like Tommy, a couple chars from Turbo/In Space, and a couple from Lightspeed Rescue, and some others. Most didn't get speaking lines, which was a bummer. But it was cool to see them all, there's actually a whole part of the episode where previous rangers in human form are going around saving people during the invasion. Basically it really made me want to go back and watch Gokaiger again....that show is so fun. But in HOT toy getting news, I came into a few dollars, decided to bite the bullet on the Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger - Gokai Cellular. This is the Henshin Device/Changer/Morpher for the Gokaiger's 6th Ranger Gokai Silver/Gai Ikari. It is going to come with the device itself, as well as the Gokai Silver Ranger Key. Which when I run the numbers, brings me to 106 Rangers Keys, 53% of total Keys and 43.75% of 6th Ranger Keys. I've been wanting to get back to a point where I can focus on Ranger Keys again, after I was focusing on Fourze Switches, and other Kamen Rider stuff for a while. I also found that I waited too long on some stuff. I had been looking at It Came From Japan who had a bunch of loose keys I had planned to buy a bunch of, they had a bunch of keys I could use to make full team sets to add, but I went to their site today, and so many of them sold out. I missed my chance at getting a full set of Bioman, Carranger, and some others....I feel a fool. Now I will probably have to pay....a LOT more than I am comfortable with to get those. I don't necessarilly want to get ALL the keys, but I did want to try and get all the primary ranger keys, and then maybe all the 6th Ranger Keys, the Extra Hero Keys I don't have as much interest in. I also purchased the Power Rangers: Dino Charge Morpher. The american version of the Gabu Revolver, its both a step foreward and step back in terms of things that annoy me. A Step forward in that it doesn't have a mode that doesn't actually look like anything, but its a gun so that would be much harder to screw up. Like the Super Mega Blaster they put out last year it has some shooting sound effects that are just too long. Step Forward in that the voice of the gun is MUCH better than the voice in last years, Gosei's voice is long gone now. Step Backward in that they use a ton of Character VO in the morpher/weapon, so it has some annoying person yelling catch phrases during different activations like "Unleash the Power", "Energize", or when you morph "Tyrannosaurus Rex, Power Ranger Red", I find it excruciating. Also you only have one battery slot in this toy, unlike the Gabu Revolver which has 2, I try not to hold that against it though. Just in general it feels like they are taking the soul out of Kyouryuger, getting rid of its latin flavor. Ok well I'm starting to ramble and run into more tangets, so I'm calling this post done!

No comments:

Post a Comment