Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Games - It All Falls Apart(Dragon Age: Inquisition / Captain Toad)

Well I tried to get back on track with my level a day and promptly failed. The wife started playing Dragon Age, so I was with her while she played for a bit curious about how that game opens up. Then I was going to play some games of my own on the WiiU Gamepad. I also got a bit lazy, and Captain Toad was already in the WiiU, so I have just continued to play that over the weekend, last night, this morning. I got to the last 2 levels in it last night. Now each level has 3 gems that are sometimes hidden, and a secret objective. That objective may be to find a hidden gold mushroom or collect a certain amount of coins, take no damage, etc. Well I have done all of those in every level so far...but this morning I did the last two. One of them they do the thing I hate, which is a lava rising level, but the objective in this level is to get some obscene amount of coins. Most of the other levels you can kind of do at your own pace, but this one you really gotta truck through. So that was the first level I ever bypassed the hidden objective. Then in the final level I found a hidden golden mushroom really early on, thinking sweet deal I found it by accident without trying. But of course in that level it wasn't the hidden objective, it was coins again. But I beat it, rolled credits, and like the last few games there is still a bunch of Bonus stuff to do, though I still think Super Mario 3D World is the King of that (so many Bonus levels). But with having rolled credits on this game, I'm gonna move onto Donkey Kong Country Returns and focus on that.

Also this weekend I convinced my wife to allow me to start Dragon Age: Inquisition. To be different, at least for me, I chose a Quinari Lady Warrior named Aria. I havn't seen a Quinari lady before, and horns are cool, so I went that route. She is TALL, moreso that I thought. They do not let you choose body type, so all Quinari ladies have the same body apparently. I'm playing her like I played my Shepard in Mass Effect, a bitch with a heart of gold. As a Quinari that makes sense they are pretty brusque, trying to be good, but not taking any shit. They don't go into the history of your own character at all like they have in Dragon Age 1 and 2. The Mages and Templars were having a conclave to resolve their issue, but a massive explosion goes off, killing everyone there but you, igniting lots of hate on both sides. But the real question is...what reason would my character even have to be there. She's not a Mage, nor a Templar, so other than that little plot hole, the story progresses from there. I'm only a few hours in right now. The explosion opened a giant rift in the Fade, the world of Demons and where magic power comes from (I believe). My character the only one left alive, has been left with a mark on my hand that has the power to close Fade Rifts, while I can't close the giant one I can close the smaller ones that are appearing all over the land. While I couldn't close the giant one, I was able to stabilize it so it would stop getting any bigger. They theorize if I have enough power I could close the Rift. I did stumble across my first Dragon, which killed me in about 10 seconds...so I figure I'm not ready for that yet.


The controls are a bit different from DA1&2 but getting the general hang of it. There seem to be a lot more systems, and the menus and general seem more disorganized than in previous games. DA:Origins was very bare bones and just kind of showed you everything, DA2 simplified and presented the information a bit better, now it feels like a mash of the two and I just wish that part of it was better, but it gets the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment