Friday, January 23, 2015

Toku - Tokkyuger / Gaim / Drive Toys

Been a while since I had a Toku update, a few little things have come in the door.


The first thing I got was a Christmas gift to myself via an Amazon gift card from my parents. I purchased the Tokkyuger Build Dai-Oh. This is the Mecha/Train of Tokkyu-Rokugo, the 6th Ranger of this team. It was either this or Diesel-Oh, and Build just looked waay more rad than Diesel. I still plan on getting Diesel but for now Build is pretty cool. The Train Mode is a bit unweildy, but damn if that robot mode isn't cool as hell.


Since I got the Drive Driver for Christmas, and my newfound enjoyment of the Kamen Rider Drive show. I picked up the DX Shift Car Set 01. These sets are pretty cheap only about $12, and I get 3 new Shift Cars.
- Justice Hunter, a Patrol Car
- Spin Mixer, a Cement Truck
- Massive Monster, a crazy looking race car?
They all maintain the gimmick of the flick/swivel of one end of the car, which is still very satisfying. The Shift Car Sets are so cheap I may get a few more. Of course the Shift Cars that correspond to the bigger Type changes like Wild and Technique all come with the additional weapons, like the Handle Sword, and the Door Gun. I don't know if i'll get that deep into it, but we shall see.


Lastly I received my first Premium Bandai product, the Yomitseguri Lockseed Set. This set comes with the Yomi Lockseed, and Faceplate for the Sengoku Driver. In the show this was a super dangerous lockseed that granted great power at the cost of the users life if they used it for too long. This lockseed is kind of like a replacement for Ryugen's Budou Lockseed, which is hard to come by and more expensive than this one was. Comes in a fancy box, very high quality, the new sounds and stuff sound really cool, plus now I have a faceplate that plays Ryugen's Henshin Theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment