Friday, January 16, 2015

New Years Game Project Week 2-3.5 (Jan 5 - 14)

So I've been pretty lax lately, busy at work and home, as well as an additional blog that I had to write unexpectedly.

I have been progressing pretty well in all the games. Missed one day, so i had to do 2 levels the next day. Some are getting harder, a few cases frustrating, other continue to be a joy.

Donkey Kong Country Returns
I made it past the Ruins, boss was fun not too bad. Now I'm in the Caves and with it a bunch of Minecart levels. Now the minecart levels were among my favorite in the old DKC games. They have proven to be a bit more difficult/frustrating in this game. Its very sensitive to how long the jump button is pushed to do either a long/high jump or a short/low jump. The game seemed to have a hard time telling the difference, I've been jumping in games for over 20years now, and I pride myself on my platforming, and have no issues like this with other games. This made a few levels take a long time, because they have a lot of hazards on the top, so if you jump that high, you just die. This is the first level where I used all of my lives, and in fact had to come back to the next day. But finished it got through the rest ok, and as of last night finished the boss. Which was another level like that first one which I had to do a LOT, most levels have checkpoints, the boss levels do not. But now I'm off to the Jungle.

Rayman Legends
I had a good time with the Musical level played it a few times once I had gotten all the way through it, bringing 20,000 Lums Under the Sea to a close. Then I moved onto the next area Olympus Maximus. This game does a good job of using the gamepad controls of the WiiU, the have levels where you control a little guy named Murphey, and the game is controlling one of the normal characters, your job as Murphey is to protect and in some cases guide the other Player through the level. Setting up platforms, blocking attacks, or even spinning aspects of the level to make the character able to get around, they pretty fun and something very different. So I got through all the levels in Olympus Maximus. Then the game rolled credits, bit their is still another world, I just don't have enough Lums to open it up yet. It needs 200, and I have like 175. Seems like a lot of work, a lot of backtracking, so I'm debating going forward any more in that game.

Super Mario 3D World
So here is another one which I just finished, the last few levels were a bitch, but the boss wasn't too hard. I had to fight CatBowser and feed the little people he kidnapped. Roll Credits. Then after reopening the game, you have access to a Star World. I've played a few of those now, much more challenging, also I unlocked Rosalina as a playable character, so that cool. She actually plays similar to Luigi, she has a higher than average jump, but a bit more controlled than Luigi. The end of the area doesn't have a castle that I can see yet. I wonder if this is it, or if there are any more special worlds.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
I just really like this game, the short but fun levels, the adorable art style, and all the little things that make this game feel so polished. I've finished what they count as "Episode 1" which they didn't tell me it was called that until you finish it. So now I'm in Episode 2, where in 1 you were Captain Toad trying to rescue Toadette, this time she's rescuing him. Its still starting to get more challenging, I'm doing 2 puzzle rooms a day so I'm progressing fairly quickly. I wonder if there is a Episode 3, or even 4. already done over 30 puzzle rooms. Its so charming, and so fun, I really like figuring out all these little puzzles.

Giana Sisters
I am behind, need to catch up on it! I tried recording myself playing and posting on Youtube so I could link it here, but now for my Account level I can't load videos over 15mins. Turns out with a little intro at the start it took me 25minutes to finish one level. Its much more time consuming than the others. Just mad about the Youtube thing.

1 Game down, 4 to go. Super Mario 3D World is the next one that will be finished. I think I might have 10-15 levels in DKCR left. No idea how many Captain Toad levels left.

No comments:

Post a Comment