Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Games - The Floor is Jelly / Shadow of Mordor

So I finished The Floor is Jelly last night, and the Fez comparison got even more severe. The ending and leadup to it, got very intentionally glichy. There was a sequence where they kept changing how the jelly floors worked, which got hard to a point of being frustrating, because there was almost no normal way to do it, you basically had to hope the glitching would get you to the door, so you could continue. But got through it, and overall I liked that game, had lots of cool ideas, really made you think about the gravity, and used its simple mechanics very smartly for 95% of the game. I just wish the ending bits were shorter and/or like the rest of the game, dependant on skill rather than random chance. I think its priced to move on steam or humble, a solid recommendation. 

 I keep thinking about Shadow of Mordor, and how I want to play the crap out of it. I worked over a weekend and did some hellish hours the other week, so the boss is letting me take a free day off. So I’m gonna have Thursday off to myself and I’m gonna go get Shadow of Mordor, and hope to play that most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment