Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Games - The Floor is Jelly

More The Floor is Jelly, the Game actually got kind of hard for a bit. There is an area where the level has an outline of all the platforms on the screen, and they are not solid until you touch them or untill you touch a border. Also if you get inside the outline and touch the border then the outside becomes solid creating an inverse of the level. It got very mind boggling for a bit. The more I play of the game it reminds me of Fez just in tone, this game has no map, no names of any levels, and generally very bright and cheerful. I also found out the soundtrack is by Disasterpiece who also did the Fez soundtrack. The game continues to be interesting, every area in the world has its own gimmick. Easiest way to describe this game is like a cross between Super Meat Boy and Fez. Like Meatboy the only thing you can do is jump, and if you die it restarts instantly and can be challenging. The game has a similar tone to Fez, lots of earthy tones, relaxing music(by the same guy no less), lack of maps/names making it hard to talk about the game. It doesn't seem as deep as either of those games in terms of no cutscenes, no bosses, no big hidden secret, no puzzles that need me to keep a notebook, but its charming and I'm still really liking it. I will be traveling a bit soon, so if game has cloud saves then I might be able to continue my progress while I'm away.

No comments:

Post a Comment