Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Toku - Tokkyuger

So my Tokkyu-Oh! arrived today, he is the first and primary fighting Mecha of Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger(Train Force ToQger). They are this years incarnation of Super Sentai, which is the show Power Rangers is made from. Obviously they are Train themed, and that follows to the Mecha. The show is very kid friendly, and very goofy. And at first I wasn't sure I liked the design of this Mech, but it has grown on me as the show has. Unlike a lot of other ones, I think the more upgrades and additional combinations they get, the better it looks. Right now I just have Tokkyu-Oh, but eventually I plan to get Diesel-Oh and Build-Dai-Oh. On his own he's a little simplistic, but snaps together super easily, satisfying way.

Other than Gokaiger I havn't gotten too much into the Mecha of the various teams, usually I'm just interested in the Changers and some of their gimmick items. Whats cool about Tokkyu-Oh, is that the gimmick they sell this years are little trains, and thats what the Tokkyugers use to transform. So all of the parts of Tokkyu-Oh can also be used in the Tokkyu-Changer to activate different sounds. So in addition to having the mecha I also have the gimmicks for all the main Tokkyuger transformations.
This is also my last buy of the year. I gotta stop and save up for Christmas gifts. Plenty of updates still I'm sure once the show pics up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment